When you are aiming to develop your intuition it’s important to understand that intuition is a tool that all of us have. Some people suggest that it’s a mystical power. Others would suggest that it’s merely our subconscious trying to tell us something.
Regardless of the source, we all have that little voice that tries to tell us things from time to time. I like to call this voice the voice of our soul or higher self. It’s that part of us that has the vantage point and can give us guidance according to our soul’s plan or intentions for this lifetime.
As we get older, however, we often learn to ignore that little voice. We turn to logic, and focus on being practical. But we’ve experienced a lot over the years, and there is some part of our brain that has accumulated a tremendous amount of wisdom. Listening to that little voice can be a good thing.
To be honest listening to that voice is the only and best way to live in my opinion. But every life experience is valid whether or not we choose to listen to that voice. I’ve just found in my own personal experience that tuning into our innate wisdom makes life a lot more simple and smoother.
Try these techniques to develop your intuition:
1. Meditate for a few minutes each day.
One characteristic of intuition is that it has a soft voice most of the time. It can be challenging to notice it if our minds are busy with other things. Meditation is a great way to clear the mind and make room for our intuition to come shining through.
• A simple technique to clear your mind is to simply count your breaths and attempt to stay focused on your breathing. Avoid letting your mind wander.
One of the ways that I started doing this even at a very young age was either listening to guided meditations or going out in nature often just to experience more peace and stillness.
2. Record your dreams.
Our dreams can be full of useful information. Many psychologists believe that we work out our challenges in our sleep. It’s difficult for most of us to remember our dreams. Studies show that we average 5 dreams per night, and most of us are lucky to even remember one.
• Firstly, after you get in bed, tell yourself that you want to remember your dreams in the morning. Keep thinking this to yourself until you fall asleep.
• Secondly, keep a notebook and pen near your bed. A voice recorder app on your phone can work well, too. As soon as you wake up, start writing. Dreams tend to fade from memory quickly.
• Thirdly, review your dreams and see if there might be any information you can use in your life.
• Lastly I invite you to see your frightening dreams or uncomfortable dreams as guide posts for what needs to be addressed in your waking life that you might not be allowing yourself to work through or feel.
3. Follow your intuition.
The surest way to shut down your intuition is to never follow it. Start using it in situations that have minor importance. It could be as simple as taking a walk and asking yourself which way you should turn at each intersection or fork in the road.
• Firstly I invite you to show your intuition that you’re listening and responding. You’ll be more likely to hear from it in the future.
• Secondly, another key point to note here is that your intuition also uses your preferences and bodily sensations of contraction vs expansion to move you in certain directions. So if you have a natural preference or inner nudge to choose one path or thing over another, try to honor that more than not.
Thirdly, your intuition doesn’t work against your preferences unless they are conditioned preferences that you really don’t truly desire. Moreover your intuition is like a inner beacon that is always ready and willing to assist you when you’re ready to tune in.
4. Calm yourself or busy your body.
Many people find that their best ideas come while they are working on something else, having a conversation, or doing something physical or interactive. Some examples commonly cited include, walking, driving down the highway, taking a shower, dancing, and listening to the rain. Think about the times you’ve had great ideas. Try to put yourself in similar situations more frequently.
• As a result of following this tip, I’ve often experienced intuitive nudges through having great conversations, keeping a journal, sleeping, dancing, taking a walk, people watching, or listening to music.
• Lastly, there are many avenues that your soul is constantly speaking to you and the more you tune in the more you’ll notice the signs and synchronicities.
5. Keep a journal.
Take a few minutes each day to write in a journal. Sometimes, putting things down on paper opens a floodgate of ideas and inspiration. Study what you’ve written. You’re likely to find insights you haven’t considered.
• Keep your journals in a safe place, so you’ll feel more comfortable with being honest and thorough.
So there you have it! 5 Ways to develop your intuition further.
In conclusion, being in touch with your intuition can help you identify and solve the challenges in your life that are causing stress. It also releases your imagination and creativity. Your intuition is a great resource, but it’s important to nurture it. Start with smaller things. When your intuition has proven it’s reliable, use it to make bigger decisions.
Intuition is a tether to the subconscious and your soul. It’s your ultimate source of wisdom and creative energy. Make life easier and richer by utilizing all of your resources.
Another resource that I’ve personally used and loved is Penny Peirce’s book The Intuitive Way. It’s a thorough and awesome break down of intuition and a guidebook on how to enhance yours. Check it out here!
Your Turn! I’d love to hear from you.
What aha or insight from today’s blog post resonated with you most? And more importantly, how can you put it in action today? Leave a comment below and let me know. Then, go and implement your insights!
If you have friends, clients or colleagues who’d be inspired by today’s message, please share this post. And if this post resonated then learn more about How to Trust Your Intuition where I share 4 tips on how to begin to trust your intuition.
To your divine life & business,