Feeling stressed, tired, or worn out? Don’t have time to attend yoga or don’t have a sitter for your little ones? No problem! This 5-minute meditation plan is exactly what you need to get your day back on track! Stress is normal. It happens to all of us! It’s just a matter of how you relieve that stress, and I’m here to give you a simple and effective way!
Very rarely do I find that I get stressed out except when the occasional family drama might pop up here and there, but in those times when I need a reprieve utilizing the techniques I’m going to share with you in this post always helps me to calm my nervous system and return me back to a place of wholeness.
Stress is apart of life, but how we handle it and having simple yet effective tools in our tool kit to return to our divinity is key to helping us live divine lives. So without further ado follow along!
1. Find a quiet place where distractions are nonexistent. For the next 5 minutes, your focus needs to be solely on meditation.
2. Take a seat on the floor, bed, chair or couch. Cross your legs, leave them straight out, or lay down. The key is to not disrupt the meditation with movement. The most comfortable position for you is ideal. For the next 5 minutes, you will get lost in your meditation and movement would disrupt the tranquility.
3. Select your background music (waterfalls or soft piano music is a great choice) and add a few drops of lemon and lavender essential oil to your diffuser or light your favorite smelling candle.
4. Set your timer to 5 minutes. That way, you don’t need to wonder when the 5 minutes are up- your timer will do that for you!
5. Begin your meditation. Close your eyes and relax. Visualize the stress and tension exiting your body from your head to your toes! Clear your mind of all thoughts, focus on your breathing, and letting go. Make sure to keep your eyes closed for the entire meditation, just don’t fall asleep! Do this for 5 minutes until your timer goes off or for however long you feel you need it.
6. After your meditation, slowly get up from your quiet spot and enjoy a glass of refreshing lemon water. You are renewed so freshen up!
Meditation is the perfect tool to redirect your body and bring you back to the present. You can meditate for the first 5 minutes of your day, after a long days work, or during your lunch break. You can do this meditation on vacation, in the parking lot of your favorite store, or your work. As you become more familiar with your meditation, feel free to increase the time from 5 minutes to 10 or 15 minutes!
And honestly you don’t even have to make it so extensive. Simply just closing your eyes in a safe space whenever you need it, and quieting your mind by becoming the observer is all you need to calm your nervous system and start to alleviate negative stress from your mind and body.
By spending 5 minutes redirecting your body and mind to ease stress, you are increasing your mental and emotional strength, determination, and drive. There’s a wonderful feeling about a mind and stress cleanse! The beauty is, as simple and short as this meditation seems, the benefits of a quick 5-minute meditation are astounding. Give it a try yourself!
So if you gave it a try let me know how you felt afterwards in the comments below!
Ready to learn how to master meditation and mindfulness? Join our Calm The Crazy: Meditation 101 Course here.